I love Panera’s black bean soup. But I have a few problems:
1. The closest Panera is about a half hour drive.
2. One bowl is never enough (where are the next day leftovers??)
3. I have a freezer full of ground beef that I’m trying to incorporate into different types of dishes.
Here is what I came up with.
Here is all you’ll need for this dish:
1 pound ground beef
2 cans seasoned black beans
1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
1 cup of beef broth
sliced Jalepeño, diced and to taste (I used 5-6 slices)
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp olive oil
shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt optional
1. In a large pot add olive oil and garlic and bring up to medium heat.
2. Once fragrant (don’t let garlic burn), add beef. Crumble and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to pot. Add in diced Jalepeño, chili powder and cumin.
5. Ladle in a bowl and top with cheese, sour cream or yogurt.
Aside from using my potato masher to mash beans, I also use my garlic mincer to mince Jalepeño (doesn’t always work out the best but I can be lazy!).
Do you any kitchen gadgets to make cooking easie in other ways?