Here is what you’ll need:
two cloves garlic, minced
medium onion, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
6 cups chicken broth
2 14.5 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
1 15oz can tomato sauce
ricotta or cottage cheese
1-2 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper
spaghetti squash, cooked and meat pulled from skin
frozen cheese tortellini (spinach and cheese would be great!)
1 pound ground beef, (yes I forgot it in the picture)
*Always make sure your products are labeled gluten free if you are on a GF diet. Some products may have hidden gluten.
1. Add oil to large pot and turn heat to medium. Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
2. Add beef and onion and cook until beef no longer pink and onion translucent. I drain off excess oil if there is any.
3. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, salt and pepper (to taste).
4. Split soup contents into two pots. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add squash to one pot and tortellini to other pot. My squash was small and I used about 2/3 of bag of tortellini but add as much or little as you want. Cook until tortellini cooked through and squash hot.
5. Ladle soup into a bowl. Top with scoop or cottage cheese or ricotta. Top with a hearty sprinkle of mozzarella and Parmesan.