Buffalo Chicken Burgers!
Finally! I have been wanting to make these sandwiches forever. Way back when, I visited the Dayton farmer’s market, there was a guy selling different flavors of chicken patties. I almost bought some but then my pal convinced me she had a wonderful recipe that she makes and that it was simple and a little more budget friendly (these patties were a bit steep).
So wouldn’t you know…when time came to making these burgers, I lost the recipe. That’s my kind of luck! I went through my emails and texts looking for it to no avail! My husband was doing the kitchen pacing thing in the kitchen so I decided to just go for it. What I remember her mentioning is that she blends in bits of celery and carrot into the meat.
Here is what you’ll need to make these yummy burgers.
ground chicken (1 pound)
Frank’s Buffalo sauce (not the hot sauce!)
1. Chop just a small amount of the onion, celery and carrot and run through a food processor. A little really goes a long way.
2. In a bowl combine veggies, chicken and a bit of the buffalo sauce. I literally just poured mine straight into the bowl, I would start at a few tablespoons and see how you mixture holds up.
3. Spray your grill well with nonstick spray. These burgers are delicate!
4. Grill just as you would any other burger but make sure they cook completely. Brush additional buffalo sauce on at the very end and allow burgers to cook for one more minute.
5. Serve! Consider dressing your burger up with your favorite cheese or even blue cheese or ranch dressing!
I don’t know about you, but I’m so glad it is grilling season!!