You know it is a crazy day when your leftovers outshine their original dish! I’d love to here what you think about this one. Remember the Crockpot Chicken I made? Well I saved the leftover chicken and beans and veggies to use later on, and it came together perfectly. My husband had been asking me to make the Taco Rolls I had made a while back. Although the recipe is pretty different, I thought it would still hit the spot.
Zesty Chicken Rolls!
This meal and the Crockpot Chicken would be perfect meals for a busy weeknight. With our kids’ super busy schedule, I love having meals like this on hand.
Here is what you need:
leftovers from Crockpot Chicken (or see original recipe for ingredients)
egg roll wrappers
Misto or cooking spray
Cheese, salsa, sour cream (optional)
For some of my rolls I used both bean/veggie mix and chicken, for others I used chicken and cheese.
1. Lay out individual wrappers. Fill with leftovers. Moisten edges of wrapper with water, fold into roll.
2. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place folded rolls on tray. Spray top of rolls so the will get a golden brown.
3. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes either on an elevated rack or flipping halfway through to ensure both side get crispy.
4. Optional: top with cheese an bake for a couple minutes or until cheese melts.
5. Top or serve with sour cream and salsa.